Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Ski In, Ski Out

Our timeshare at Park City Mountain Resort is ski-in, ski-out, making eating in very attractive, even at lunch time. Ski up to the gate, hide skis behind a post, tramp up to the room, munch, tramp back to the gate, jump into skis, and hop on the lift. Pretty nifty - and well worth the cost. I always ask myself what we were thinking all those years we booked lodging on a bus route rather than at the base. DUH!

As noted in my last post, we ended up having a whole lot of mussels in marinara sauce left from dinner at Easy Street Brasserie. Hmm. John used to like mussels, but since he's become pickier by the year, they have now been taken off the (short) list of things he'll eat. Well, a couple of nights earlier I'd made some whole grain spaghetti with packaged Bertolli marinara, and had 1/2 box of pasta left. It also turned out that I'd forgotten to put the smoked salmon we'd bought into the sauce, so that pretty much solved the dilemma. I cooked the remaining pasta in the electric skillet, drained it, and added my leftovers from Easy Street and the smoked salmon (cut into chunks). I got the mussels, he got the salmon, and everyone was happy. The sauce was even better the second day. Added a salad, bread (with olive oil and balsamic for dipping), and had a terrific meal even without a stove.

The rest of our meals were pretty nondescript - salads, canned soup, etc. We're pretty boring when we ski (even more than usual, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment