Friday, December 12, 2008

Citizen Cake

My husband and I had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at the Orpheum Theater in San Francisco last night, so I made a reservation for dinner at Citizen Cake since it's only a couple of blocks away. I'd eaten there once before and it was really good, and they have amazing desserts. John is a picky eater so he opted out on the appetizers, but I had their sous vide pork belly with dates and persimmons. Yum! Like pig candy. John had the pork chop with Brussels sprout hash and apple. Mr. Picky said the chop was wonderful, but didn't like the crunchy sprouts and didn't even taste the apples. (I just don't know what to do with him and his food fears!) I had the diver scallops with artichoke puree and fennel. Well, I can only think of one other time I've had scallops I enjoyed this much. For dessert, he had apple crepes with maple ice cream and I had gingerbread custard and vanilla ice cream. And then I went to the cafe and got a couple of small sandwich cookies to take to the theater, one lemon and one chocolate. These were absolutely the best sandwich cookies I've ever eaten. I hate Oreos, but these were truly amazing. We also had a wonder time seeing Phantom again, and this time we had great seats so it was spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment